Simple tips for a healthier, happier life!
- Switch up refined carbohydrates for whole grains. Refined carbohydrates are not good for your system so changing them up will help you to feel healthier, fitter and reduce bloating.
- Eat fibre. Fibre is an essential aspect of your diet and is vital for a healthy digestive system. Make sure you consume fruits, vegetables and whole grains to make sure you are getting enough fibre into your diet.
- Ditch the dairy. There has been numerous research done which concludes that the majority of humans aren’t able to process dairy accurately which leads to inflammation, fatigue, skin problems and most common allergies. Yes, I know we have been brought up to believe that milk is a ‘very important part of development’and contains calcium and protein but it’s so easy to get calcium and protein in other ways ;without the side effects of dairy! Try using alternatives such as unsweetened almond milk/brown rice milk and see how much better you feel after just a few weeks!
- Drink at 3 litres of water per day. Water is so essential for your body to function and helps to clear out toxins from our system and is so important for clear, vibrant skin.
- Stay active. It’s important to stay active as much as possible. I understand it may be hard when you work in an office sat at a desk all day but even parking your car further so you have a longer walk to the office is such an easy but great way to incorporate a little movement into your day. I would recommend being active for at least 30 mins per day to keep your body moving!